General Terms and Conditions of the Swiss Book Voucher Cooperative
1. Scope and parties to the contract
The Swiss Book Voucher is valid in the book industry of Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein.
(1) These General Terms and Conditions shall govern all business relations between the Swiss Book Voucher Cooperative and their customers with regard to the product “Swiss Book Voucher” in paper format and/or as an electronic gift card.
(2) The version of these General Terms and Conditions in force at the time the contract is concluded shall apply.
(3) The address and contact details of your contractual partner are:
Genossenschaft Schweizer Bücherbon
Postfach 246, 6371 Stans, Schweiz, email@example.com
Tel. +41 (0)52 672 27 24 (during office hours)
(1) The customer must register with the online shop before any order can be placed. Multiple registrations under different names or addresses are not permissible.
(2) Approval as a registered customer may be revoked at any time. In such case, the Cooperative has the right to block and delete the user name and respective password with immediate effect.
3. Conclusion of contract
(1) By placing an order via Internet (by clicking the button “Order”), by e-mail, by telephone or other means of communication, the customer submits a binding offer to conclude an agreement. The customer will receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of his/her order. The e-mail confirmation of the order does not constitute an agreement to accept the offer, and merely serves to inform the customer that their order was received by the online shop.
(2) A purchase agreement is concluded once the Cooperative accepts the customer’s offer by shipping the ordered product to the customer and/or confirming shipment of the order to the customer by e-mail.
(1) The contractual party only accepts the means of payment displayed to the customer during the order process.
(2) The purchase price as well as potential shipping fees shall be payable upon conclusion of the contract.
(1) Should the goods delivered be defective upon the transfer of risk, e.g. due to faulty workmanship, or if the delivery is incorrect or incomplete, the contractual party shall provide a replacement.
(2) Warranty rights shall expire if the customer does not notify the other party to the contract of the defect or incorrect delivery by mail, e-mail or telephone within two weeks following receipt of the goods.
(1) These terms and conditions shall conclusively regulate all cases of breach of contract and their respective legal consequences as well as all claims the customer may make, irrespective of the reason for which they are made. In no event shall the customer be entitled to claim compensation for damages not caused to the product itself. This also holds true with regard to the personal liability for compensation on the part of our staff, employees, representatives or agents. Any liability claim that exceeds the value of the order is excluded.
(2) The above limitation of liability pursuant to para 1 does not apply in the event of unlawful intent (malice) or gross negligence.
7. Final provisions
(1) Contracts shall be concluded in German only. The legal relationship shall be governed by the provisions of Swiss substantive law with the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
(2) The domicile of the Swiss Book Voucher Cooperative shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all claims relating to the business relationship. Apart from that, the place of jurisdiction shall be governed by Art. 32 of the Swiss Civil Procedure Act.
(3) The Cooperative reserves the right to amend at any time the present Terms and Conditions. The currently valid version of the Terms and Conditions can always be found on the website www.buchbon.ch.
Genossenschaft Schweizer Bücherbon, Postfach 246, 6371 Stans
052 672 27 24 https://www.buchbon.ch